Monday, November 4, 2013

Recruit Yost - Weeks 13 - 17

Jeffco/LPD Regional Combined Academy Blog:
Weeks 13-17 (a.k.a. 4 WEEKS TO GRADUATION!!!!)
I feel as though the last few blog submissions have either begun with an apology regarding my lack of timeliness or included one in the body of the text… With that said I will just preface the rest of the blogs I write by saying: It has become incredibly difficult to write on a regular basis so I cannot guarantee when the next will come.
Last week, week 16, marked one of the more interesting experiences in my life. I was tased for the first, and hopefully last, time.  These 5 seconds of electric agony were slightly exhilarating upon their conclusion.  It was such a change in pain to comfort in fact, that I do not remember actually feeling pain.  After watching the video of my reaction to getting shot with the probes, I can pretty much guarantee that a high degree of pain was absolutely experienced. 
Along with taser training, we completed 6 tests last week.  Don’t re-read that too many times, I meant 6 whole tests.  We had more tests than days of the week and we all survived!  As a matter of fact, I do not believe anyone has failed a test in weeks.  We are quickly approaching the end of our testing weeks. One word for that: Yay.

Upon completion of the next 4 weeks, we will be faced with the POST test.  The culmination of our time in this program is squeezed into one test and it is pretty terrifying.  Luckily, we have great study material and have had great instructors thus far.  This academy has a reputation of setting its recruits up for success: 100% success rate in taking the POST test to be exact.  That is a comforting fact to know.
Along with POST, we still have one last set of skills to be trained in: Driving! I cannot express in a word how excited I truly am to begin this portion of the academy.  I fancy myself an excellent driver (my husband might disagree, but that isn’t credible) and I am curious to test my skills and learn how to become a better, more police-y driver. (I’m sure you will find the term, “police-y” in the next version of Webster’s Dictionary…)

I appreciate all who read of my exploits in the land of Law Enforcement training.  Exhausted and out of words, a new feat for me, I bid adieu for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This page is open for commenting; keep in mind our comment policy for your comment to remain on the page.

> Personal attacks, harassment and threats are not permitted.
> We reserve the right to remove comments that are abusive, hateful or defame or insult anyone.
> Comments that are inappropriate or off-topic will be removed.
... > Comments that contain obscene, racist or sexually explicit language will be removed.
> Other prohibited uses include advertising, solicitations, excessively frequent posts, off-topic discussions between participants, and unrelated politicking.